Family Mediation is a process where a professionally trained, independent mediator helps couples and families work out agreements involving the following disputes:
- Relationship property disputes
- Wills and Estate disputes
- Parenting Agreements
Mediation can give you more control and will help both parties find a solution. It can also be helpful when previous arrangements now need to change ie: when children grow up.
I am an accredited Family Dispute Resolution provider under the Family Dispute Resolution Act 2013. Family Mediation comprises of a number of different dynamics including wills and estates involving siblings, beneficiaries and trustees, parenting agreements which may involve two parents or an extended family; grandparents, aunts, uncles etc, and the significance of the issues involving important relationships to the parties.
Family mediation enables the parties to develop their own solution to a dispute with the assistance of an independent third party who can keep the communication on track, ensure the parties are being heard, manage the process and focus the parties on their objectives. I am familiar with the range of dynamics in family conflict and have developed a repertoire of interventions to address them.
How family mediation helps:
- It gives you more say about what happens;
- It’s less stressful, with less conflict between the parties.
- The agreements you make can be changed if your circumstances change;
- It can be less upsetting or damaging for any children involved – and helps them continue important family relationships.
- It can be quicker and cheaper than long drawn-out court battles.
- It will be quicker than drawn out court proceedings.
Initial consultation is free to give me an idea of the issues to be mediated, the time involved and how many sessions may be required. The base rate for family mediation (parenting agreements) is $220 per hour plus GST but is negotiable depending on the consultation.
For more information on the mediation process please click here
, or please contact me
to book a consultation.